1. Collecting and Using Information
Personally Identifiable Information, PII, We Collect Online
We collect Personally Identifiable Information from you through your use of the Site and Services. “Personally Identifiable Information” is individually identifiable information about an individual that we collect online and that we maintain in an accessible form. We collect the following types of Personally Identifiable Information:
Information You Provide
We may collect the following Personally Identifiable Information that you voluntarily provide to us by:
- Filling in forms on our websites. If you request to receive information, subscribe to a mailing lists, or register to volunteer, we will collect information such as your first and last name, email address, and telephone number.
- Webinars. If you register for a webinar, we will collect your first and last name, title/position, email address, postal address (home or work), work telephone number and organization name.
- If you send us email, we will collect your email address and any information that you provide in the email.
- Social Media. If you interact with our website by sharing on a social media platform, we may collect the information that you post. Please note that your comments will be visible to the public, so you should never share personal information that you would like to keep private.
- Careers. If you apply for a job, we will collect information relating to your application, such as your first and last name, address, telephone number, email address and resume.
- Contact Us. If you use one of our “Contact Us” features or subscribe or register for one of our products or services, we may collect your email address, first and last name, telephone number, address, and, if applicable, organization information.
Information as You Navigate Our Site
We automatically collect certain Personally Identifiable Information through your use of the Sites and Services, such as the following:
- Usage Information. We collect information automatically through your use of the Site and Services, such as which of the pages on the Site you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site.
- Device Information. We collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device, we collect and aggregate information about whether you are accessing the Site via a mobile device or tablet, device type, and carrier.
- Location Information. We collect location information from Site visitors on a city-regional basis.
How We Use Your Personally Identifiable Information
We use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to provide the Services to you, to improve our Services and Site, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to:
- Process your account registration;
- Review your job application;
- Email you our blog posts, newsletters, event notifications, education opportunities, and about our treatment services;
- Contact you regarding our products and services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- Communicate with you about our Site or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Site or Services;
- Provide support;
- Maintain and improve our Site, Services, and Marketing;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Efficiently maintain our business; and
- Comply with applicable law.
How We Share Your Personally Identifiable Information
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With service providers who perform data services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.). Any such service providers will be under an obligation to us to maintain the confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information;
- To service providers to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personally Identifiable Information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personal Information;
- To any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition or in preparation for any of these events; and
- To any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure.
2. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns;
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits, allowing us to customize the Site and Services to your individual needs;
- Advertise new content and services that relate to your interests;
- Keep track of advertisements and search engine results;
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to resolve issues and offer better site experiences and tools in the future; and
- Recognize when you return to the Site.
How You Can Opt-Out of Cookies
Cookies can be blocked by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
You can find out more about Cookies and how to manage them by visiting www.AboutCookies.org.
You can opt out of Cookies set by specific entities by following the instructions found at these links:
- Adobe: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
- Microsoft: https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/personalization
- Yahoo: https://policies.yahoo.com/xa/en/yahoo/privacy/topics/opt-outfaq/
Advertising Industry Resources
You can understand which entities have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those Cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website.
Please note that these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. Therefore, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
3. Third-Party Processors
We use a variety of third-party vendors, including but not limited to cloud data storage; payroll processors; accounting software; shipping fulfillment; payment processors; and marketing service providers. To ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the service providers we share it with to ensure that it is treated consistent with applicable data security and privacy laws.
4. “Do Not Track” Signals
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
5. Choices About Your Personally Identifiable Information
Review and Request Changes to Your Personally Identifiable Information
You may use your account to access, correct, or view certain Personally Identifiable Information we have collected, and which is associated with your account. To review or request changes to any of your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from emails from us, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails. You also may submit a request to us at email@example.com.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personally Identifiable Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
7. Third Party Links
8. Children’s Privacy
The Site and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 13.
9. Other Privacy Policies
Depending on how you interact with us, the following additional privacy policies may apply:
We encourage you to read those privacy policies.
10. How to Contact Us
To contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices please firstname.lastname@example.org.